Monday, July 31, 2006

IT'S ALWAYS ALL "ME, ME, ME" WITH SOME PEOPLE

“I don’t know if [Condoleeza Rice] visits those kids at the hospitals, but I do. I hang out with the boys who are half my age with their faces gone, triple amputees with their balls gone and their guts gone. They have those little porta-toilets, and you stand next to a soldier and you both pretend you’re not smelling his shit in that bucket as you talk to him.” - Henry Rollins, from an interview I conducted last week for the Cleveland Scene. He's on tour with the Rollins Band (not the Mother Superior version, the real one with Chris Haskett and Melvin Gibbs and Sim Cain). They're opening for X, who have had Billy Zoom back on guitar for a number of years now. What I'm saying is, you have no excuse for being anywhere else if/when they hit Yourtown.

No comments: